Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A piece of a future card...

When I printed up the vintage paper from Rein (see my previous post). Thanks Rein! I printed two copies one was on glossy cardstock the other was on regular cardstock.

Here is what I created with the regular cardstock:





Recipe:


  1. Print out your vintage paper on regular cardstock.

  2. Spritz on yellow glimmer mists randomly over the paper.

  3. Spritz on aqua glimmer mists randomly over the paper in other areas than the yellow. It is okay if the overlap.

  4. Quickly grab a paper towel and rub the colors together. I used a circular motion. When it starts to get dry you can cause streaking if you keep rubbing the glimmer mist.

  5. After that was dry I used my watercolor markers to color directly onto the stamp.

  6. The flowers were colored with a light blue, medium blue and the edges were dark blue.

  7. The stems were a dark green with touches of brown.

  8. I misted the stamp with the watercolor several times and then stamped onto the paper.

  9. Immediately after I misted the paper to get the bleeding effect.

  10. Let this dry completely. Stamp the whole image with Versamark Watermark Ink and heat emboss with clear embossing powder. (This brings out the colors from the glimmer mist and the stamped images.)

Products:



  • Tattered Angels - Glimmer Mist - Yellow, Aqua

  • Stampington - Button Mums

  • Zig Watercolor Markers

  • Vintage Paper

  • Clear Embossing Powder

1 comment:

  1. Supah!!! Love those colors...and thanks for visiting my little crazy place!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!