Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thinking Inking - Crackle Distress

Jennifer McGuire has been hosting videos and classes on 2 Pea's using all different types of Ranger Inking projects. The videos can all be found here... http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/mb.asp?cmd=list&forum_id=52.

This weeks class is about crackle paint. I don't have any but I have a crackle finish which I used in place of the crackle paint.


I combined this with a vacation/travel challenge on the Hero Arts Blog this week. I only have one stamp for Hero Arts which is a travel type of stamp so I used that to create my tag.

Tag Recipe:

  1. Smear multiple colors of acryclic dabbers on a piece of acetate.
  2. Use a makeup sponge mix parts of the color together (this is in one of the videos Jennifer has up on 2 Peas)
  3. Smear on white cardstock to create a background.
  4. Let that dry and then stamp the image onto the paint background using a pigment ink.
  5. Clear emboss the stamped image.
  6. Layer on the crackle gloss finish. I put it on and then smeared it around with another makeup sponge. I put two layers on.

The butterfly is made from grunge paper and I applied the same finish but with a really thick layer and attempted to dry it using the heat gun. It didn't crackle but gave it a beautiful glossy finish. :)

The background of the card is made from distress inks smeared onto acetate and spritzed with water until they became very watery.

Everything else is a combination of stamping with brown pigment ink and embossing with gold embossing powders.

Products:

  • Ranger Acryclic Paint Dabbers - Gold, Stream, Juniper
  • Ranger Queens Gold Embossing Powder
  • Versamark Watermark Ink
  • Versafine - Vintage Sepia
  • Ranger Crackle Glaze
  • Hero Arts - Heart Winged Butterfly,
  • Inkadinkado - 94010-N
  • B Line Designs - Paris
  • Hero Arts - Collage Take Time
  • Stampers Anonymous - French Market
  • Stampers Anonymous - Lined Paper
  • Ranger Distress Inks - Peeled Paint, Broken China

Thanks for stopping by...

Suzz

7 comments:

  1. WOW what a wonderful card !

    Anke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Suzz! Beautiful results! Isn't it fun experimenting with new techniques? Jennifer's Thinking Inking classes are sooo good! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been a while、Suzz!
    Your awesome works on parade really amaze me a lot! Your designs and skills are super!!!
    Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving me your very kind words on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh la la...this is very stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Es realmente precioso este trabajo, me tienes maravillada con las bellezas que haces. Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card, Sue! Those techniques are so much fun!

    Hugs
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very lovely! A beautifuol travel collage~!! Love the fibers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!