Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Birds and Hearts


I just received my Valentine's stamps and papers from Memory Box. Immediately I was drawn to this heart with bird. Loved the effect of the bird in the heart. I decided to combine a few challenges together using the bird in a heart.  

The paper is called Secret Garden SC-10117. The stamped images are Memory Box (Heart Bird Keepsake F1439, Love and Hearts - B1423). The inks are Ranger Distress Inks (Victorian Velvet, Spun Sugar), Memento Rich Cocoa, and Versafine Vintage Sepia. 
I combined Mona's beautiful colors for CR84FN7 and the lovely sketch from CardPatterns Sketch #94

Here is the inspiration photo from Mona and the sketch from CardPatterns: 




Thanks for stopping by...

Suzz




17 comments:

  1. I collect hearts and love birds in artwork so your piece is right up my street. Fabulous combination and I love the papers too. Tracy Evans x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY--this is stunning! I love that ribbon and the charms!! You always have beautiful layers and details on each card/creation! LOOOOOOOOOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is beautiful. The heart, the bird, the doily, the colors, the paper...EVERYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hearts, birds, lace and pink = the perfect card inho! Are these new stamps available yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! What a pretty card Sue! I love how you added color to doily edges and that heart with the stamped bird image looks fabulous! Thank you so much for playing along with the CR84FN challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Sue (and much more so in person!). The sponged doily looks wonderful under your image, the added charms look great on that wonderful silk ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, Suzz! Love the bird, heart, doily and gorgeous ribbon! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love this gorgeous combination of special elements...such a classy Valentine card. I can't even think about anything but Christmas yet...still trying to get gifts and cards finished up. I will definitely bookmark this post for future inspiration!
    blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ditto, ditto ditto and kudos! It's a keeper GF!

    ReplyDelete
  10. memory box has such gorgeous stamps and you just make them shine! this is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm totally in love with this card, Sue! Gorgeous in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Forgot to tell you that I love all of your tags, they are fantastic!! You ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful card. Love those colors.. Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is gorgeous, Sue! drooling over that yummy paper! have a warm and cozy weekend! =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty. Thank you for joining us at Card Patterns this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!