Sunday, April 10, 2011

Dream

I was playing with the colors from the Color Q challenge which unfortunately I missed deadline. :)  The colors were pink, blue, green, black and white.  This beautiful stamp is from Chapel Road Artstamps - Northern River.  The image is based on a painting from Tom Thomson. I love the look of the trees and it reminds me of spring as the first signs of spring for me are when the days start to get longer and you have the beautiful multi-colored sunrises and sunsets. 

The background is a combination of sponging of different colors. I used Memento Rosebud, Blue Bahama and Pear Tart. The image is then covered in Perfect Pearls Mister and the Tattered Angels glimmer glaze.

I kept the design simple to showcase the main image and was pleased with the effect.  

Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

18 comments:

  1. WOW Suzanne! STUNNING! You did such an amazing job coloring that image! Love the colors on the horizon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Suzanne...absolutely beautiful...
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful scene. I thought it was a photograph Suzz... perfect

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my Sue, this is totally stunning. The design is so simple but shows off that beautiful image to perfection. Your colour treatment of it is exactly right too.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! Love how you added the color! I think I have the perfect spot to hang this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is beyond lovely....just stunning. the simple design works perfectly to show off the image.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is stunning and looks like something that should be framed and up on a wall (even a gallery).

    ReplyDelete
  8. How gorgeous Sue - you used the colors in such a brilliant way!
    Greetings to you dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A piece of Art! So creative! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous colours on this Sue, it so reminds me of where I grew up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow Sue, you continue to amaze me with your designs! Tom Thompson wasnt he part of the group of seven? This stamp is too cool!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the really clean and precise look on this, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOOOOOVE this.. It looks like a fine piece of Art.. Love the way you framed it..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. very pretty, this scene would look great in a frame!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So Beautiful...Have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous scene.. so lovely and serene!

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful work of art! this is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!