Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Life is the Music

I had a little gift to share with a super sweet friend and I decided to recycle an old puzzle box  to hide a few treasures.

Cut pieces of paper (Memory Box Minuet) to size of top and sides of top half of the box.  Stamp sentiment using black archival ink. Sentiment from Verses Rubber Stamps.    Wrap tissue tape around the corners and edges of top half of box. It worked beautifully with the papers! Sponge edges with white acrylic paint.  Finish with a  touch of flowers and butterflies from Prima which were touched up with a little chunky glitter. 

Here is what I started with:  
 
The puzzle was fairly easy until we hit the bushes and the buildings. :) (The dog ate some of the pieces after we finished so the pieces were recycled and I held onto the box)

Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful! What a lovely way to recycle the old puzzle box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recycling, Suzz! And it turned out so beautifully! Elegant colors and such lovely details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous box Suzz... I would never have guessed it was a puzzle box. It is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Sue....does your dog eat the homework too? lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful ensemble of the elements! Love the soft and subtle color scheme you have here...What a GREAT way to recycle that box! You have turned it into a masterpiece!Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! love what you did with your puzzle box.. I just love to work on good puzzle myself...

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great idea for recycling...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. STUNNING Suzz!! I wish I was receiving this ... it's jaw dropping ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an unbelievable idea... this is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a stunning recycled box Sue. This is just so beautiful and your friend is going to be so touched. That verse is one of the nicest I've seen. Wonderful work!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love what you did with the puzzle box and I hope the dog didn't have a tummy ache!!!! Cute story!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great card! TFS about how you did the tissue part and what you did with the butterflies is just what it needed for some color too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!