Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Artistic Outpost Release

I am so happy and excited to share the new release for Artistic Outpost. I have been happily playing with the new plates and finally get to share some of my projects.

There are three new plates being released:
  • A Favorite Book - Featuring vintage images of children reading, this collection provides focal images of something we wish our kids would do more of....slowing down, being quiet, and enjoying a good book.
  • Whimsical Melange - Designed as background and embellishment images, this collection features whimsical frames sized perfectly for cards and ATCs as well as unique scrollwork, pennants in two sizes, and other whimsical bits.  
  • Typography - From Mark Twain to Winnie the Pooh to Bob Marley, this collection of unique sayings and sentiments includes our favorite quotes from some of our favorite artists and characters. 

My first card uses the sentiment from Typography and the beautiful image from She-Roes.  The papers are from Teresa Collins World Traveler. What a great sentiment for a friend who might need a little encouragement. 


My second card uses the wonderful Whimsical Melange images with the sweet Birds of a Feather plate. I used the Whimsical house to create a birdhouse.  I punched a hole for the bird to create his doorway. I added a few stickers to create a fun sentiment on the banner. I also stuck a little bedding in the hole for my bird friend.

My last card uses the super sweet images from Favorite Book and the banners are from the Whimsical Melange. The papers are Authentique and pages from an old book. I used white acrylic paint to soften the papers mixed with a touch of light blue acrylic paint.  I thought what a great set of images and sentiments for beginning of school or thank you cards for teachers and librarians. 

The design team has created some awesome projects and cards which you can go see in the Artistic Outpost Gallery

The design team is also sharing wonderful projects on their blogs:  

Suzz

16 comments:

  1. Stellar work as always, Suzanne. Each piece is so well designed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne - you are a gem...your use of shapes and your ability to compose your artwork is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic ... If I had to pick one ... I think the first one is my choice ... love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That little birdhouse is just the best ... those colors pop ... and I love the sentiment combined with the She-roes image ... perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great release GF! Your layouts always amaze me, so much talent, luv your art. My fav is the last one....the ofset circle just pops and she is adorable, but then I luv the first one just as much, and of course the middle child too....lol, wonderful art!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suzanne, your work is always amazing and these are no exception. Usually I have a favorite, but in this case they are all equally fabulous, each in its own way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Love all the shapes and dimensional pieces of your creations...not to mention wonderful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, it looks very pretty! I'm impressed your precision and style. I used to try scrapbooking, but it's not for me i think:( I preffer jewellery and flower felts. :)
    take care, hugs from Poland:)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE all of these cards Suzz...Love the distressing on each one...just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blown away again Suzz!!! You really know how to stamp up a storm!
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  11. You made these stamps shine once again Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning use of this months releases! Of course you know I love all the added black layers, sure makes those images pop! Wonderful mix of shapes, papers and images! My fav is the She-roes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How did I miss these.. They are wonderful.. You my friend are so talented..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! All your projects are awesome! Love the one with the bird! Great combinations of old and new stamps! You rocked this release!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Suzz, I truly think you are one of the best stampers out there! I love what you've done with these stamp sets. I am totally blown away and very inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, I was literally open mouthed in awe at these wonderful cards Sue. Love how you've used all these fabulous new stamps. I have a crafty friend who stocks these stamps so must keep an eye on her online shop for when they come into stock.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!