Saturday, August 20, 2011

Geraniums & Text

I have been wanting to play along in the Simon Says Stamp and Show some bling all week, but it has been a busy week and had to wait until today.  I combined the City Crafter Challenge to use scraps with the colors and flower challenge from Embellish challenge.


The image is the Stampendous Jumbo Hydrangea cling CRS5005-R but I colored it as a geranium and I think it looks like a geranium. :) Geraniums are so beautiful and hardy (spoken like a lazy gardener)! 
The circle was my scrap and I stamped on it using the Stampendous Dream Cling CRR015-R in black ink and added a little peachy tan color to the background. 

The flowers are colored using a few shades of glimmer mist with a waterbrush. 

The background paper is some beautiful paper from TPC. It is wedding and anniversary and has a beautiful sheen to it. 

My bling is the accents on the flowers and all the glimmer mist and perfect pearls mister spritzed over the flowers and background.  

I added highlights to my flowers with the white gel pen and realized I hadn't embossed anything on my flowers which was part of the Embellish Challenge. So I decided to try something new for me and add low lights on my flowers using embossing powder. I took out my Versamark marker and added touches of watermark ink to my flowers and then heat embossed using clear embossing powder. I like the effect. It looks like a touch of dew on my flowers. 

Hope your Saturday is wonderful! 

Suzz

27 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Sue! Your watercolored geraniums just pop off this beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my! This is so pretty, Suzz! Love your amazing geraniums!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your background paper and scrap piece Suzz. a really good contrast to your "hydrageraniums" lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, even though they still look like Hydrangea, but who says there are no red ones? If you like red ones, you just color it red - that's what artists may do!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! I love your coloring, and I never would have guessed it was anything but a geranium, LOL! I will have to try your impromptu embossing technique sometime - that sounds like a fun effect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They certainly do look like geraniums! And they almost seem to be floating above the paper. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, stunning image and colouring. Love the subtle touch of bling and the White highlights are a perfect touch. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge Suzanne. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These really do look like geraniums and I love your random embossing idea! It adds so much to the card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW Suzanne! Those watercolored Hydrangeas look so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely wonderful, Sue! I love the combination of the beautiful flowers against the text!

    ReplyDelete
  11. cleverly done Suzz. This is a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a unique take on the embossing element! I think I need to get one of those Versamark pens. :) Thanks for joining us at Embellish!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is lovely Suzz ... and I think it looks like a geranium too ... beautifully done ... thanks for playing with us again atCCCB

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Suzz!!! Love your card! It's a lovely design and the geraniums are amazing! Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show's BLING Challenge. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  15. FANTABULOUS card Suzz....love the watercolor/distress look of the card! Job well done!!

    THANKS bunches for playin' along with the TEAMIES and SIMON SAYS STAMP and SHOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing colouring of that "geranium"! Striking!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is lovely - great geranium - love the way you have colored it. That's a wonderful Stampendous background stamp too with pretty muted tones in the background. Wonderful take on the bling challenge! Always great to have you joining in the fun with us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love how you did with watercolored flowers..with the combined..great inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just love those flowers.. The colors are perfect..

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful - love the design and colors! Could just pluck the flowers from the card and pop them in a vase!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Holy Cow!! Gorgeousness! You have collage down to an art form!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is gorgeous, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely GORGEOUS! Thank you for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is very pretty! I love the glossy finish on the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats on being one of our Top 3's!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. So many beautiful layers! Love it! :) So glad you joined us for the Embellish Color Trends Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Holey gorgeous!!!! Love this girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!