Thursday, November 10, 2011

Mojo Monday

The Mojo Monday sketch #214 this week has a fun banner in the center and was the inspiration for my next project.

I wanted a flower to put in the corner and started by creating a stamped, layered and glittered acetate poinsettia.

I loved the effect of the poinsettia.  The poinsettia (Memory Box - Poinsettia) is stamped on acetate four times using StaZon ink.  I flipped the acetate over and applied cranberry alcohol inks to the back side. Then cut out two full poinsettias and two of the top layers of the poinsettia. Layered, crumpled and applied the Stampendous Halo Silver glitter to the edges.

I then created the background using a mix of the Memory Box Snowfall and Valise papers. 

I wasnt' sure about my flower with the card so I tried out a bundle of holly and pine-cones instead and added a little bird.
 So which do you think?  Holly or poinsettia? 

Here is the lovely sketch:

Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful Thursday!

Suzz

22 comments:

  1. I love the poinsetta!!! what a clever idea
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Очень красиво! Прекрасная работа!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, I love them both, the poinsettia is stunning but so is the more clean line card with the holly, make two LOL. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them both, too - beautiful, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both your cards are stunning, but the poinsettia is out of this world gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No way can I choose, Suzz! They are both so beautiful! That vellum flower is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!! these are both so beautiful ... love your poinsettia ... I really can't choose between them

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Suzz that poinsettia is stunning, both cards are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - they are both very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are both lovely but have to choose the holly as my favourite
    Margaret :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both are fab uses of the sketch, love the acetate poinsettia!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are both fabulous, I really love the beautiful poinsettia! What an amazing result with the acetate and alcohol inks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love it both ways!! Love those rich Christmas colors..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. both are lovely.... but the poinsettia is my favourite

    ReplyDelete
  15. I adore the acetate poinsettia. That's my next thing to try. Tnaks for sharing your beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love them both Sue. Those background papers are gorgeous but if I was to choose an absolute favourite it would be the second one as I'm more of a twine girl than a glitter one, lol!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. My goodness... these are both incredible! I love them both... but that poinsettia... WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The poinsettia is beautiful! But I like pine cone best.be sure to use the poinsettia on another card, cause it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE BOTH OF THESE creations!!! I have some darling itty bitty pine cones that you just gave me so much inspiration for!! Thanks Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning cards, Sue! LOVE that poinsettia! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Are you kidding? I like them both! I love the look and dimension of the Poinsettia and the vintage feel of the bird, button, and pine cone holly card is lovely!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!