Friday, December 14, 2012

Life's Rules

I know I should be doing a bunch of different things today but instead I started playing with a canvas and ended up creating a mixed media project.  So no holiday cards here and no Christmas colors.  I was playing with layers of paper, colors and paint. 
 After I finished I realized I made a card similar to this last year.  Oh well... It was fun playing with my different techniques and trying a few new things. 

I started with a white canvas with Gesso and white paint.  I added a layer of purples, and pinks which I didn't like how they looked so a coat of white paint over top of that.

Than I pulled out the Dylusions Sprays to try to get a brighter color.  Basically I layered the inks, old pages in a music book, tissue paper with more sprays, Beacon Adhesives Fast Finish and Stampendous ultra fine crystal glitter.  I repeated that until I got a background I liked.  I also sprayed a bit of Perfect Pearls Mister in the mix to add another layer of shimmer.

After that dried I added the images by stamping them using Versamark and heat embossing them using black embossing powder. 

The sentiment is Verses Rubber Stamps - Life's Rules The other stamps include: Stampendous Jumbo Cling Butterfly Trio, Inkadinkado - Birds, Stampers Anonymous - Lace Trim, Serendipity, Stampendous Postcard, Hero Arts - Fabulous Flourish


Thanks for stopping by,

Suzz

7 comments:

  1. Same here, Sue - just love creating, like you! Your canvas is beautiful, gorgeous colors and I love the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning Suzz... so glad you took some time to just play - this is amazing! And a lovely break from the Christmas pressure just to look at it too!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning the colours and design are gorgeous. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is just so beautiful! I love the shades of green and blue, and the fabulous butterfly. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Sue. Love all the layers and it must be so much lovelier in real life to be able to see the shimmer and sparkle you added. Love all the images, especially the lace trim and the quote. A really beautiful piece of work.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!