Friday, March 8, 2013

Say Hello to My Peeps!

Happy Friday!  These little Stampendous Chicks are some of my favorite peeps!  I love their Easter finery.   Tim's awesome March tag inspired me to create an Easter tag using the chicks.  

 I started with the chicks who were stamped, colored and cut out. 
The egg is hand drawn and the center cut out using an oval die.  I embossed the egg frame using an embossing folder. I sponged on pink and brown dye inks and added a hint of the glimmer mist used in the background.

The inside of the egg is covered with tinsel. The tinsel was Pink and I added a  hint of the orange Alcohol Inks.  I pop dotted the frame to allow me to fit the one chick inside the egg an the other on the outside.  I die cut a stand from the Sizzix Cloche set. I added a little doily to the stand and pop dotted the egg onto the stand.

The background of the tag was is a mix of pink dye ink and a yellow glimmer mist. I sprayed the glimmer mist onto the craft mat added some water and dragged the tag through it.  I waited for it to dry and repeated the process with pink dye ink.

I stamped the sentiment on a scrap piece of cardstock died in the inks.  I cut it to a tag shape. The ribbons and flowers were spritzed to coordinate. (I actually did this first so I could use the leftover ink from the spray on my cardstock/tag)

Products: Sizzix Bell & Cloche Die, Sixxiz Embossing Folder, Spellbinders - Oval Dies, Stampendous Easter Joy Stamp, Stampendous Posie Bonnet Baby , Stampendous Floral Bonnet Baby,  
STAEDTLER Aqua Karell Watercolor Pencils

Hope your weekend is wonderful!

Suzz

12 comments:

  1. How fun is this, Sue! Love this Easter tag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Gorgeous Easter tag! Love the colors and every beautiful detail, Suzz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant Suzz! I love how you always put your own unique style into your version of Tim's tags. Those chicks sure do make you smile ;D!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww.. To cute. I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your take on this months tag. Lovely colors and I really like the background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Peeps, My your just adorable!!!
    Doing some catching up hon.
    Hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Здравий Сузи много ми харесва тага по случай Великден. И аз си мислех да направя нещо с пиленце и цветя.

    ReplyDelete
  8. such an amazing tag Suzz. Love all the texture and elements.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very charming and delightful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Easter eggs, so I absolutely love your take on Tim's March tag. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!