Friday, April 5, 2013

Rose Bouquet

I am sharing a sneak peek of one of the new stamps from Stampendous being released this month.

I decided to play with my watercolor markers instead of my favorite watercolor pencils.  I used the STAEDTLER Watercolor Markers on watercolor paper and blended the colors with the waterbrush.

I stamped the image using Ranger Archival Ink on watercolor paper.  I outlined the edges with the watercolor markers and used the waterbrush to pull the colors into the center.  I added highlights with white gel pen.  I cut the circle around the image after it was done and hand cut the detail areas.

The background panels are stamped with the Stampendous Seed Background.  The edges are distressed with a distressing tool and a hint of the lavender brushed on with water.  I stamped the Happy Anniversary sentiment using black ink on the same watercolor paper and created a banner. 

The new release of stamps has some wonderful images with beautiful flowers!  They will be available online in the Stampendous store soon!

Have a fabulous weekend.

Suzz



9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous anniversary card, Suzz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so pretty Suzz. Love the way you cut the circle and left the fussy bits sticking up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, you did a great job with the watercolor markers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, it's so lovely! (I get your blog posts by e-mail, and thought I don't comment each time, I look at every delightful creation!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully done Suzanne, I love the colouring and the cut out detail. Fabulous as always! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. thats a gorgeous card, I love the background and the way you have got the flowers coming 'out of' the circle, really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card and lovely stamps
    Rosie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thought I commented already, sorry if I missed it! This is just gorgeous. What a terrific showing for both stamps. Your coloring is just stunning. We're finding this image so fun to color so many different ways!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty Sue and I love the white highlights. I'm in awe of your cutting out round the dainty sprays of flowers.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!