Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The Other Side

I am back to share the other side of my new art journal.  I have been carrying my new book around jotting down ideas, sketches and doodles. 


 The background started with the same damask stencil and DecoArt Embossing Paste.  I added a layer of damask texture and waited for it to dry.  I then used gold glimmer mist to add a hint of color and followed that with brown glimmer mist in areas. 

I smeared the white paint over the surface to catch the damask edges and lighten the colors. The rest was stamping the images using Ranger Archival Ink.

The images are:  Darkroom Door - Fancy Flourish, Darkroom Door - Beauty, Darkroom Door - Butterfly Garden,     Darkroom Door - Arch, Darkroom Door - Home

I finished the edges with the same tissue tape.  I was thinking of stamping something in the Arch, but wanted to think about it. I may have to add something later when inspiration arises. Plus there is a lot of open space on the background. :) 


Have a lovely Tuesday!

Suzz


3 comments:

  1. The damask background is gorgeous Suzz and I need that sentiment it's fabulous, I will have to see if anyone in uk has it. Lovely piece. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this Suzz. What a gorgeous journal cover. Fab techniques that you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful colour scheme
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!