Sunday, April 26, 2015

Fly

This week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.  anything goes... That means whatever inspires you.  I happen to have some new stamps and fun things sitting on my desk and was inspired to just play around with a piece of leftover cardboard.


Hence the unusual shape of my project as it was a four up of these shapes attached together with something packaged on top of the cardboard.  I always take those pieces and store them by my craft desk for future use.  This one already was broken into pieces as I let the puppy chew on some of it to distract him in the morning while I tried to craft.


I painted the surface with white gesso and put on a few coats to cover the printing on the cardboard. After that dried, I applied Wendy Vecchi white embossing paste through the stencil on areas of the cardboard.

I enlarged this so you can see that I added a sprinkling of ultra fine crystal glitter to the surface.  I let the embossing paste dry and then came and sprayed blue distress stain over the surface.  I repeated to add some darker areas.  I left it to dry.

I next stamped the focal image on tissue paper using blue ink and decoupaged the image to the surface. The rest was stamping directly onto the surface and using a white gel pen for highlights.  I added a touch more bling with the sequins mixed in.

Product:  Ranger Distress Stain Spray (Broken China,   Mermaid Lagoon), Prima Don't Forget to Fly Finnabair StampsWendy Vecchi White Embossing Paste, Memory Box - Heartwood Designer Stencil, Stazon - Azure Ink , Signo Uni-Ball White Gel PenUltra-Fine Crystal Glitter, Simon Says Stamp - Sequins, White Gesso

The ever generous Simon Says Stamp is offering a gift voucher to a randomly selected participant in the challenge. Come share your art!



Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

12 comments:

  1. Stunning Suz, wonderful stencilling and fantastic use of that wonderful Finn stamp, gorgeous blue colour too, love this project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sparkle, lovely piece! Kind of sad to hear puppy chewed on it, but hey even more shabby for a future project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty blue variations, and how can you not love that SPARKLE!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, even the use of the cardboard... Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an incredible piece! I adore the color palette and love how you've managed to create such a great sense of movement and energy. It's magical-looking and I just want to go and hang out wherever this is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous piece! The texture and colors are fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, SO beautiful and that background is to die for ~ a wonderful piece as always, Suzz! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Sue!! Love the background and great stencil work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty, Suzz! Love the blue greenish color scheme! The stamps and stencil are gorgeous! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! I love the amazing celestial feel you achieved, as well as the truly aged feel it has. Your puppy dog probably has something to do with that - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Background and stamp are amazing! As always a wonderful piece of art! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!