Saturday, May 16, 2015

Continuing the Journal Journey

I am back with some more photos on my art journal and I am ready to enter it in the Frilly and Funkie Snap Crackle Crackle challenge. 

 See all that crackle.... I added the tissue paper tape around the edges.  I then found this gold chain in my metal stash.  I dug out some additional charms and the hearts. I embossed the charms with Queens Gold Embossing powder. 

Here is the front cover:
 I stamped the Mona Lisa image on tissue paper and decoupaged her to the front.  I then found some plastic scrabble tiles which I spelled Art with.  I stamped a Memory Box stamp over the surface with StazOn ink.  I edges the tiles with the same ink.  I painted the tiles with a touch of watered down white acrylic paint mixed with the Ranger Distress Stain - Picked Raspberries. I used the same paint mixture to add to the edges.  I added a few rub ons onto the heart charm.

Next up I dug out all my extra backgrounds waiting for a chance to be used:
 different angle:
 I am going to go through them and cut them into different shapes and sizes and use them for the pages in my little art journal.  This will hopefully inspire me to finish some of these different backgrounds. :)

Hope you enjoyed the next step in my journal.

Suzz

3 comments:

  1. Very beautiful page !!!! Gorgeous work ! Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Suzz, drop dead gorgeous!! I'm so glad you grabbed a shot of that background before you dressed it up, I'm in awe of the amazing crackle texture you achieved! I love the newsprint edges, great way to build a frame and your charms are just wonderful!!

    Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie for our 'Snap, Crackle, Crackle' challenge, I just love your project! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely outstanding Suzz!!! That crackle background was perfect already and then you added some clever gems and stamping to make it even more beautiful. LOVE it! Thanks so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!