Sunday, May 3, 2015

Flourish with Love


This week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is Don’t abandon the coral! Abandoned Coral is the second new distress color of 2015, and the inspiration for this challenge. Use any coral paper, ink, paint, or other product.
I have been busy playing with the abandoned coral and the sizzix Layering Butterfly Die.  I die cut a variety of butterflies for other projects and had the outlines left over which inspired two different cards.

I sprayed my background with the coral spray and let it dry. I also sprayed a white cardbase to coordinate with the background.
I then laid my stencil over the cut out and on top of my sprayed background. 
I took my embossing paste and smeared it over the top of the background and pulled it up when I was done.  You may wonder why my stencil looks like it does.  I saw how Julie Fei-Fan Balzer framed her stencils on her blog.  I loved the idea of making a frame around the stencil to help people like me who end up spreading paste over the edges of the stencil.

After I applied the embossing paste to the background the rest was a simple sprinkle of gold spray and added he word love to the background.

I took the frame that I used to paste the butterfly and continued with the stenciled background to complete the frame. After it dried a coat of white paint was applied. I let it dry and sprayed the background with the coral spray.

I sprayed another piece of white cardstock and stamped the sentiment and flourishes around the edges to put underneath the die cut opening.

Product:  Ranger Distress Stain Spray (Abandoned Coral ),  Wendy Vecchi White Embossing Paste, Memory Box - Lathenay Designer StencilSimon Says Stamp - Sequins, White Gesso Impression Obsession - Happiness Is, Black Cardstock, Ranger Archival Ink - Jet Black, Black Marker, Sizzix Layered Butterfly Die, Stampers Anoymous - Floral Swirl Flower, Prima Flower, Simon Says Stamp - Love Note, Ranger Distress Tool, Heidi Swapp Gold Lame Spray, Pearls

The ever generous Simon Says Stamp is offering a gift voucher to a randomly selected participant in the challenge. Come share your art!




Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

18 comments:

  1. Totally gorgeous. Why not join the Wings fun at the Mixed Media Card
    Challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fabulous and such wonderful techniques! I have shied away from the Abandoned Coral so far as I am not really a pink sort of person, but am getting very tempted now, this is just so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sensational, Sue! Love that you used the frame from the butterfly die cut for the stenciling. It looks amazing and the Abandoned Coral looks amazing. Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! What amazing cards!!! Thank you so much for the fantastic inspiration!!! I am your new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! What amazing cards!!! Thank you so much for the fantastic inspiration!!! I am your new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both so amazing!!! Going onto my To CASE pin board!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are both beautiful, but the first one is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elegant and beautiful, Suzz! I love the texture!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So gorgeous! Amazing texture.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your double version! Beautiful color and fab texture! barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous cards, Suzz! Love the you've used the negative too! So very pretty! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful stenciling, Suzz! And you got a bonus card too! ( which is ALSO gorgeous!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both cards are gorgeous! Love the beautiful textures and colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous stuff here, Suzz, and I really like how you always show different ways to use the same theme. You not only have quality in your work, but it's cool to see the variety in your quantity, too! Well done and I liked how you made the flower look like the butterfly's body!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I particularly like the black outline effect in the last example. There's a great deal of technique here with many possibilities and I appreciate the info as I would like to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I particularly like the black outline effect in the last example. There's a great deal of technique here with many possibilities and I appreciate the info as I would like to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both cards are beautiful and have such an elegant and sophisticated look to them! Gorgeous work as always Suzz! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are so beautiful!! Love all the coral, and the embossed and text butterflies.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!