Sunday, May 10, 2015

Oh, Oh, Oh!

Be glad I didn't put it on the post title but here it is anways... "Let's go Fly a Kite"... I have been singing this for weeks.  My DH and myself just watched "Saving Mr. Banks" and the music from Mary Poppins is fantastic and had me singing bits and pieces.

Why am I singing that?  The challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is to use the Simon Says Stamp Exclusives products.  I have the sweetest set with kite stamps and dies.  I decided to create a layout of my youngest with Mary Poppins at Disney.

I love these sweet kites from Simon Says Stamp and they fit the theme of my layout perfectly.

I splattered Abandoned Coral and Cracked Pistachio in the background to create my soft pallette which mirrors the colors in he photo.



I used the scrap form my dies to create some nice puffy clouds with embossing paste.  I heated them up to dry which acutlaly adds a puffiness to the embossing paste.

Products: Simon Says Stamp - Let's Go Fly a Kite Die & Stamp, Ranger Distress Stain Spray -  Cracked Pistachio, Simon Says Stamp - Rain Rain Go Away, Ranger Distress Dye Ink - Cracked Pistachio, Abandoned Coral,  Watercolor Pencils,  Ranger Distress Stain Spray (Abandoned Coral ),  Wendy Vecchi White Embossing Paste,   Ranger Archival Ink - Jet Black, Simon Says Stamp - Love Note

Simon Says Stamp is offering a gift voucher to a randomly selected participant in the challenge, come play along!
Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Suzz, love how,you have showcased the fabulous picture, wonderful colour too. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable picture and what a clever layout, the umbrellas are perfect!!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The coral and pistachio really go well together. I haven't seen this flick but want to. Your page is sweet and dare I say supercalifragilisticexpealidotious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing!!! You've captured the whole feel to that song and really complimented the sweet photo perfectly! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow... this layout is gorgeous! Suzz. I love the beautiful background you created. The colors are amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...this has really captured the feel of the song and you've got me singing along as I type, lol! Wonderful layout and gorgeous picture, Suzz! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cool, Suzz! Love the layout with the lovely kites! Such a sweet picture! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a sweet Layout, i love it <3
    I know Mary Poppins from my childhood, its one of my favorit movies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful layout Sue and such a sweet photo! Gorgeous watercolour background and i love the kites.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How absolutely gorgeous this is! I really love your creativity in making a rainstorm look magical and like a swirl of loveliness. We had rain ALL DAY yesterday and it certainly didn't make me feel happy like your layout page did! What a great setting for a great photo and I love all the color you incorporated.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!