Sunday, May 24, 2015

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You

Today the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge design team is sharing thank you inspired projects.  This year we have quite a few parties, graduations and other things to be thankful for and I decided to use a few art staples and create a series of thank you cards. 


This was an inky morning and I thoroughly enjoyed mixing up the colors and ended up with dyed hands in a rainbow of colors.


I started with a series of butterflies stamped with Versamark on white cardstock and heat embossed using clear embossing powder.

After that I was just dripping, spraying, misting and flicking sprays and paint to create different effects.


I decided to cut out the wings on this card to give a shadow effect.


This received a flicking of white acrylic paint at the end.
This was flicked first with water and then white acrylic paint. I also sponged dye ink around some of the butterflies in contrasting colors on some of the other cards to make the butterflies pop.
Products: Stampers Anonymous Monarch,  Simon Says Stamp Thank You sets (Many Thanks,  Lots of Thanks),  White acrylic paint, Versamark Watermark Ink, Clear Embossing Powder, Sequins, Darkroom Door - Eclectic Butterfly, Ranger Dye Ink - Picked Raspberry  Ranger Distress Stain Spray - Mustard Seed, Mowed Lawn, Fossilized Amber, Picked Raspberry, Dusty Concord, Salty Ocean
 
Simon Says Stamp is offering a $50 gift voucher to a randomly selected participant in the challenge, come play along!


Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

16 comments:

  1. Stunning cards all of them, such wonderful colours too! Love the shadow effect on the little ones, they almost seem to have a ceramic effect with the embossing, - very clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many amazing colours Suzz, and they are all gorgeous! Love the white embossed butterflies, and I agree with Astrid about the shadowing, an amazing effect! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful designs. I just found your blog, love your artwork ! Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow all very striking!! You've inspired me to take out my butterfly stamps to play!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous Suzz, I love the combination of the butterfly with the bold colours and fabulous backgrounds. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous...what could be better? Beautiful cards and a fun time of playing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning color combo!! The butterflies really POP off the pages!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning project Suzz! Your colors are incredible ! I love all your cards,I could not really say what is my favorite!BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the these cards, Suzz! The colors are so pretty! The resist of the butterfly is amazing! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow... Suzz, these cards are gorgeous! I love the beautiful colors your created. Great stamping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are the QUEEN of making cards look totally unique and different while still sticking to a universal theme. I always love to see the various ways you've kept the cards similar, but wildly individual! Love these and the colors are so juicy-delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous set of cards and wonderful stamping! The backgrounds are just gorgeous and I adore the card where you've cut around the butterflies to create a shadow ~ just wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so beautiful! I love that you just played with these and created fabulous (mail-friendly) thank yous! Thank you for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can see you were having fun with the mists!! Gorgeous colours and a great way to make many cards quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are gorgeous! I must admit that I am in awe. Every time I attempt to use mists and sprays, I fail miserably. Seriously. I do. So to me, these are like MAGIC!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Suzz, I used your concept to make congratulation cards for my grand daughter's promotion to 11th grade and a friend's daughter who is expecting a baby. Just love Tim's butterfly. And creating the backgrounds was a lot of fun. thanks as always for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!