Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Owl be There!

Hi!  I have been in Halloween mode getting my tags and cards ready for my kids who aren't so little anymore. :) 

I am sharing a tag made with the Basically Bare Scalloped Tag set.




The tag is pre-cut in the scallop shape and they come in a variety of mediums.  I picked the cardboard one and decided to paint it and distress it by peeling the surface.

I stamped the Halloween ads over the surface with black ink.  Then I pulled out the Owl stamp from Gray Wolf Graphics.  I cut him out and popped him up over some of the Idea-ology Halloween Ephemera.

I just added a few embellishments to finish off the tag. Now to attach it to a goodie bag and send it off to a special someone!

I am entering this in the following challenges:
Mixed Media Monthly - MMC#17 - Spooky Word Search (Owl)











Anything But Cute - 31 Days of Halloween







Products:  Basically Bare – Scalloped Tag Set,  Idea-Ology – Halloween Ephemera, Stampers Anonymous – Poisonous, White Gesso, Idea-Ology – Remnant Rub-On Halloween, Black Archival Ink, Gray Wolf Graphics - Owl

Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

9 comments:

  1. Suzz, What a fabulous Halloween design! I am loving that owl, how you colored him and then gave him importance with the black cord. Great layering and texture using that corrugate tag and all the ephemera. Your 31 stands proud! Love this sweet tag!
    Thank you for joining our 31 Days of Halloween challenge at Anything But Cute. Hugs! Sara Emily DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply fabulous tag Suzz!
    Thank you so much for joining our 31 Days of Halloween challenge at Anything But Cute!
    Samra DT
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tag Suzz, love how you revealed some of the corrugated texture and that owl is gorgeous, love your design, Tracy X

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fantabulous tag and such a serious owl! Your use of the corrugated surface and distressing the tag is genius and adds a nice grunge effect. This will definitely look good on a goodie bag and the recepient will enjoy it indeed! Awesome sauce design!

    Thanks for joing in our "31 Days of Halloween" challenge at Anything But Cute! Hugz. ~Niki DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is by far the best Halloween-themed item I've seen this season!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is an awesome tag! I really love all the details you packed into it. Thanks so much for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome tag! Love that owl stamp - he is fantastic! Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulous tag! that owl image is so perfect for halloween! love the traditional black and orange :) Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous design and composition for this tag Sue. I love it!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!